Monday, March 16, 2015

Where Ever The Blue Sea Takes Me - Chapter 3


                                                            Chapter 3


 The fisherman job never did leave me homeless. With all the work there was to do every year, my teaching James had never been easier,it just kind of wore myself out over the years. Every time i had seen a fish out at sea, or up north, my age had hit me in the face.
Just a little while ago James had gotten his work permit from his school, Florida High School. The good ole lord had figured soon i would need a break and soon he was right.
It had all came to me after the years catch this year. From the extra money i had earned i could do just about anything,even retire,but James will not know that until i give him the news. I had heard he needed a feature profession anyway. I knew he would.
Throwing my boat his way would shock his little mind. I had hurried to bed.
It was always a pleasure to make a killer years catch. I usually had made more than i had anticipated. A fisher mans dream to make more. On this occasion James will now be able to make what i have made and in any way that he would like.
But, only on that day will he have that and this boat and an extra twenty five thousand dollars.
It was really a treasure to have him as a son and to have had the chance to teach him how to be a fisher man like me. Because of his being born i have managed to come this far in my life and my entire life was worth living. And, for that i am thankful. I had sat on my investments this long,what is another year going to hurt? On the deck was James waiting for the morning and us to start crab fishing. I had came to my senses, he wants to be a fisherman too - with a whole lot of fish to sell - every kind of fish, i had seen on and on.
There was fish i had never caught,sizes i have never seen. And, far up north were the biggest i have had in this boat. In lumps of fish,they were the fullest bunch - a seventy five dollars each. The swordfish were worth a pretty penny. But , on the contrary, the crabs were worth a bit more. I had thought about it over and over. By the time i knew what fish were worth the most, i was on octopus, sharks and wales. The thought i had forgotten. I was over the edge in my mind. The melon of a ten year old was better than mine own. How fantastic it would be if i could make an extra fifteen thousand dollars this season in crabs.
Every buyer in Florida would be highly wanting to price our catch - how can i get an extra fifteen thousand dollars? I knew what i could expect.
I had remembered a crab spot that had an endless supply of crabs that my dad had shown me and now i can show it to James. God helps those who helps others and not just themselves. I had thought long and hard about that. I had figured it in my mind. I had decided i would prey to god for help. There at open sea in the north, in the currents bend, it is where the crab spot is James. I preyed to god for plenty of crab too. It was a good prayer and it had came from the best of intentions.
When i had started sailing the boat out to sea, it was under way. As the cages were readied, i could sense the hot air was cooling as we had went further north. The wonderful seagulls were retreating back to the shore. The coldness of the rich northern air had chilled my spine. It was the time of the year to catch crabs. A big Orca wale had been seen swimming around and about the boat, he waved its tail in the water and then swam away. A mother seal had laid out on an ice mound. She was there protecting her young. They had stayed close to land. A cloud or two had gave an inch of rain and sleet. There was a giant wave even. I had heard James blow the boats horn to get my attention with it. I knew it had worked, the boats horn. I would have to start him on throwing the cages in. For all in all James, i said. It is time to fish.
I had took the baskets and had showed James how to throw them into the water and again i had watched him carefully. Slowly the crabs were brought on board and were poured from there cages. I could notify a buyer as soon as the fridge is half full of crabs and ice. In a crab season, i can easily make fifty thousand dollars from dads crab mine. I could crab fish for days. The more we fish ,the more we will make. There is a chance to get a hundred thousand dollars  - we got to fish like we never had fished before.
I could feel the seventy five thousand dollars in my hands. My boat,our deal,our split, my dads crab spot was beautiful,it was what it was, fishing as usual.
Dollars we can make. Then the crab cages were a little light, but i moved the boat some and there they were again. I had tried to name the years catch, i had called it Plentarnia. It had fitted plenty with the crab that was rolling onto the crab carts and into the ice in the fridge. Well, James thought i should have named it the year of crab fire. And, now there was more than twenty five thousand dollars in crabs and three days of crab fishing left  -  far more than expected. Some way, some how, we are going to make a hundred thousand dollars in crabs. I was determined to make that much. I had three million dollars in the Florida bank and thirty cents i had made after the divorce was final.
The next basket was getting lighter and lighter,but it still had cabs in it. I was searching for as much as we could get. I had helped us reach the sixty thousand dollar mark with a day and a half to remain. Then, i had realized at the last day we would only be able to reach seventy five thousand worth of crabs, but was twenty five thousand dollars better than we had counted on making at the start. It was perfect to retire on.
I had took James to the side and had told him the news, i said, when we cash these crabs in at the buyer tomorrow afternoon and we have split our parts i want you to know this. I want you to know James that i am getting old and i am retiring, i an leaving you my ship and twenty five thousand dollars plus your hard earned pay. I know James that you were shown all of the fishing locations that i and your grandpa had fished at for many years since i was just a little boy and i had said, the sea son is wherever the blue sea will take you.
I had dropped the steer to the south and had had us back in Florida by the next day in the afternoon. We received a cash sum of seventy five thousand dollars, we had said our fair wells to each other and then departed our own ways. And, ten years later i had invested my three million into the stock market and had became an up teen millionaire and James had built a life on board the boat for himself and had the best career he had ever had ever fishing on a boat.


                       


                                        The End

No comments:

Post a Comment